MidNight DayDreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For All Lovers Of The Night

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun and please feel free to ask a question!!!
We are going to start voting for who you think should be artist of the month!!! THE FIRST ONE IS HERE!!!
BRITT HAS A NEW ROLE PLAY UP IN THE MATURE SECTION!!! If you are in that group please join. She loves people Forbidden Knowledge
Latest topics
» Before, Me, Next
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Keyboard Smash Game (fun!)
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Shadow Falls Series
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Lenobia's Vow
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Dargon's Oath
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Destined (9th book)
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Awakened (8th book)
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Linda and John Heffer
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Sylvia Redbird
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm by KarenaTheFreak

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Role Player of the month!
Cujo! Questionmark This is going to be the top role player of the month chosen by the members of the site.
Writer of the month
Cujo! Questionmark This is the top Writer of the month. Chosen by the members.
Artist of the month
Cujo! Questionmark This is the top artists of the month. Chosen by the members.
Statistics
We have 55 registered users
The newest registered user is daejodea

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 276 subjects
Top posters
Baby Girl
Cujo! I_vote_lcapCujo! I_voting_barCujo! I_vote_rcap 
KarenaTheFreak
Kix
Angelicwolfchild
Soupkan.Kid
Shanchii
Emo Kitty
Nami
Vitani <3's Stark
katwin
ADMINS AND MODS!!!!
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm by Baby Girl
Of course we all know i am the Admin, but i want you to also know who are the mods (aka Empress' Council)

Rosaline is a mod as well as a site artist she is in charge of varyious parts in the site.

we are in need of more …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 13
Rank System
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm by Baby Girl
So right now this is what i have as the rank system for the site. just on amount of posts. If you have an ideas please let me know in here. ((of if its in the wrong order))

Empress

Empress' Council

Serf 0

Peasant 25

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 30
How To........
Cujo! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm by Baby Girl
Okay, so i have noticed not a lot of people know how to make the pictures for their avatar and signatures...

AVATARS: you can either pick what the site has to offer OR you can upload on from your computer... what is best …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Cujo!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baby Girl
Empress
Baby Girl

Character sheet
Name : Dani
About Me::

Cujo! Empty
PostSubject: Cujo!   Cujo! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:31 am

Cujo (1981) is a psychological horror novel by Stephen King. The novel won the British Fantasy Award in 1982, and was made into a film of the same name in 1983.

The story focuses on the Trenton family: Vic, an advertisement designer, his adulterous wife Donna, and their four-year-old son Tad. The latter two are terrorized by the eponymous Cujo, a rabid St. Bernard. The narrative takes place in the author's recurrent fictional town of Castle Rock, Maine, and is interspersed with vignettes from the seemingly mundane lives of other residents. There are no official chapters, but rather breaks in between passages, which indicate when the author is alternating to a different point of view.

Cujo also references King's previous novel, The Dead Zone, on several occasions. For instance, serial killer Frank Dodd has now achieved a kind of bogeyman status in Castle Rock.

Cujo's name was based on the nom de guerre of Willie Wolfe, one of the men responsible for orchestrating Patty Hearst's kidnapping and indoctrination into the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Stephen King mentions Cujo in On Writing, referring to it as a novel he "barely remembers writing at all". The book was written during a period when King was drinking heavily. Somewhat wistfully, King goes on to say that he likes the book and that he wishes he could remember enjoying the good parts as he put them down on the page.

The story is set almost entirely in the fictional town of Castle Rock, Maine. The action centers on Cujo, a St. Bernard that belongs to Joe Camber and his family. While Camber is somewhat fond of Cujo, he never bothers to get the dog vaccinated against rabies.

The omniscient narrator recaps the story of Frank Dodd, the Castle Rock deputy sheriff whose murder spree was the central episode in the first half of The Dead Zone. There are some hints in the story that Cujo might be possessed by Dodd and that Dodd is haunting the Trenton house.[citation needed] Except for these vague hints, and a closet which opens itself despite being latched and blocked with a chair, there are no supernatural elements in the book.

While chasing a rabbit in the fields around the Cambers' house, Cujo gets his head temporarily stuck in a rabbit hole and is scraped on the nose by a bat which is resident therein and infected with rabies. As Cujo begins to succumb to the disease, Joe's wife and son, Charity and Brett, leave on a trip to visit Charity's sister, Holly, in Connecticut. Soon afterward, Cujo attacks and kills the Cambers' neighbor, Gary Pervier, a World War II hero who has become a misanthropic alcoholic. Joe goes to the Pervier home to check on Gary because they were going to Boston, only to find him dead. Before Joe is able to summon help, Cujo kills him as well.

The Trentons—Vic, Donna, and four-year-old Tad—are having problems of their own. Vic has discovered that his wife has been cheating on him with an itinerant furniture restorer and poet. In the midst of this household tension, Vic's fledgling advertising agency is failing, and he is forced to leave on a business trip to Boston and New York. Donna, home alone with Tad, takes their failing Ford Pinto to the Cambers' for repairs. However, the car breaks down when they reach the farm. With no one at the Camber home except for Cujo, a three-day struggle begins to outlast the dog in a siege of the stalled car.

Hunger, thirst, and fantasies of escape methods conspire to tease Donna and Tad during the hottest summer in Castle Rock history. During one escape attempt, Donna is bitten in the stomach and leg. She eyes the back door of the Cambers' home, planning on making a dash for it, but is afraid it may be locked and Cujo may get her, leaving her son all alone. So she and her son stay trapped in the car for two more days before the Castle Rock sheriff shows up.

The Castle Rock sheriff, George Bannerman, arrives, but he approaches what appears to be an abandoned car without his service revolver at the ready. Cujo jumps on him and kills him easily.

Vic, worried that his wife has not answered the phone at home, returns to Castle Rock and, having learned that Bannerman is not responding to his radio, heads out to the Cambers' residence. Donna eventually kills Cujo with a baseball bat but is too late to save Tad from dying of heatstroke. The Trentons are able to move on after Tad dies but not without great difficulty.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightdaydreams.heavenforum.com

Cujo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidNight DayDreams :: Stephen King :: Novels-
Jump to: