A Forum For All Lovers Of The Night

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun and please feel free to ask a question!!!
We are going to start voting for who you think should be artist of the month!!! THE FIRST ONE IS HERE!!!
BRITT HAS A NEW ROLE PLAY UP IN THE MATURE SECTION!!! If you are in that group please join. She loves people Forbidden Knowledge
Latest topics
» Before, Me, Next
Sun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Keyboard Smash Game (fun!)
Sun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Shadow Falls Series
Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Lenobia's Vow
Sun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Dargon's Oath
Sun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Destined (9th book)
Sun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Awakened (8th book)
Sun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Linda and John Heffer
Sun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Sylvia Redbird
Sun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm by KarenaTheFreak

Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Role Player of the month!
This is going to be the top role player of the month chosen by the members of the site.
Writer of the month
This is the top Writer of the month. Chosen by the members.
Artist of the month
This is the top artists of the month. Chosen by the members.
Statistics
We have 55 registered users
The newest registered user is daejodea

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 276 subjects
Top posters
Baby Girl

KarenaTheFreak

Kix

Angelicwolfchild

Soupkan.Kid

Shanchii

Emo Kitty

Nami

Vitani <3's Stark

katwin

ADMINS AND MODS!!!!
Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm by Baby Girl
Of course we all know i am the Admin, but i want you to also know who are the mods (aka Empress' Council)

Rosaline is a mod as well as a site artist she is in charge of varyious parts in the site.

we are in need of more …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 13
Rank System
Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm by Baby Girl
So right now this is what i have as the rank system for the site. just on amount of posts. If you have an ideas please let me know in here. ((of if its in the wrong order))

Empress

Empress' Council

Serf 0

Peasant 25

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 30
How To........
Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm by Baby Girl
Okay, so i have noticed not a lot of people know how to make the pictures for their avatar and signatures...

AVATARS: you can either pick what the site has to offer OR you can upload on from your computer... what is best …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
January 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Hermione Jean Granger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baby Girl
Empress

Character sheet
Name : Dani
About Me::

PostSubject: Hermione Jean Granger   Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:23 am

Hermione Jean Granger is a fictional character and one of the three protagonists (the other two being Harry Potter and Ron Weasley) in J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series. She initially appears in the first novel, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, as a new student on her way to Hogwarts. As the series progresses, she becomes close friends with Harry Potter and often uses her quick wit and encyclopaedic knowledge to help him. Rowling has stated that Hermione resembles her at a younger age, with her insecurity and fear of failure.

Hermione is a Muggle-born Gryffindor student, and the best friend of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. The daughter of two dentists, she is an overachiever who excels academically, and she is described by Rowling as a "very logical, upright and good" character. Her parents are a bit bemused by their odd daughter, but quite proud of her all the same." Though Rowling has described the character of Luna Lovegood as the "anti-Hermione" because they hold the exact opposite characters, Hermione's foil at Hogwarts is Pansy Parkinson, a female bully based on real-life girls who teased the author during her school days.

Rowling claims the character of Hermione carries several autobiographical influences. "I did not set out to make Hermione like me but she is...she is an exaggeration of how I was when I was younger." She recalled being called a "little know-it-all" in her youth. Moreover, she states that not unlike herself, "there is a lot of insecurity and a great fear of failure" beneath Hermione's swottiness. Finally, according to Rowling, next to Albus Dumbledore, Hermione is the perfect expository character; because of her encyclopaedic knowledge, she can always be used as a plot dump to explain the Harry Potter universe. Rowling also claims that her feminist conscience is saved by Hermione, "who's the brightest character" and is a "very strong female character."

Hermione's name is derived from William Shakespeare's The Winter's Tale; Rowling claimed that she wanted it to be unusual since if fewer girls shared her name, fewer girls would get teased for it. Her original last name was "Puckle", but Rowling felt the name "did not suit her at all," and so the less frivolous Granger made it into the books. Rowling confirmed in a 2004 interview that Hermione is an only child.

Hermione first appears in Philosopher's Stone when she meets future companions Harry and Ron on the Hogwarts Express. She constantly annoys her peers with her knowledge. Harry and Ron initially consider her arrogant, especially after she criticises Ron's incantation of the Levitation Charm. They heartily dislike her until they rescue her from a troll, for which she is so thankful that she lies to protect them from punishment, and their friendship begins. Hermione's knack for logic later enables the trio to solve a puzzle essential to retrieving the Philosopher's Stone, and she defeats the constrictive Devil's Snare plant by conjuring light (Lumos Maxima).

Rowling said on her website that she resisted her editor's requests to remove the troll scene. "Hermione is so very annoying in the early part of Philosopher's Stone that I really felt it needed something (literally) huge to bring her together with Harry and Ron."

In the books, Hermione is described as having bushy brown hair, brown eyes, and large front teeth until Goblet of Fire, when she is hit by a spell cast by Draco Malfoy, that causes her teeth to grow uncontrollably until she has Madam Pomfrey magically shrink them to a size smaller than they were originally.

Hermione's most prominent features include her prodigious intellect and cleverness. She is levelheaded, book-smart and is very good with logic, but at first, she has a tendency to panic in intense or scary situations (as with the Devil's Snare at the climax of Philosopher's Stone) and is not good at thinking on her feet. However, by Deathly Hallows, she has learned to be more instinctive, saving everyone's lives more than once with her quick thinking. She is often bossy yet very loyal and conscientious. Rowling stated that Hermione is a person that "never strays off the path; she always keeps her attention focused on the job that must be done." Despite Hermione's intelligence and bossy attitude, Rowling says that Hermione has "quite a lot of vulnerability in her personality," as well as a "sense of insecurity underneath," feels "utterly inadequate...and to compensate, she tries to be the best at everything at school, projecting a false confidence that can irritate people." During her Defense against the Dark Arts exam at the end of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Hermione reveals that her biggest fear is failure, after a Boggart takes the form of Professor McGonagall and tells her that she has failed all her exams.

Hermione has an extremely compassionate side to her personality and is quick to help others, especially those who are defenceless, such as Neville Longbottom, first-years, House-Elves, fellow Muggle-borns, half-giants like Hagrid and werewolves like Lupin. It was revealed by Rowling after the publication of the final book that Hermione's career in the Ministry was to fight for the rights of the oppressed (such as House-elves or Muggle-borns). Hermione is also very protective of her friends and values them so much that Rowling has suggested that, if Hermione had looked in the Mirror of Erised, she would have seen Harry, Ron, and herself "alive and unscathed, and Voldemort finished."

Hermione is portrayed during the whole series as an exceptionally talented young witch. Rowling has stated that Hermione is a "borderline genius." She is the best student in Harry's year, as she is repeatedly the first student to master any spell or charm introduced in classes and even from more advanced years, as evidenced when she is able to conjure a Protean Charm on the D.A.'s fake Galleon coins, which is actually a N.E.W.T. level charm. She is also the first one to be able to cast non-verbal spells. Hermione is an exceptional duellist, capable of outmatching even Death Eaters, as shown in the battle at the Department of Mysteries, at the Lovegoods' house, and in the Battle of Hogwarts. However, Rowling has stated that while during the first three books Hermione would have beaten Harry in a magical duel, by the fourth book Harry is so good at Defence Against the Dark Arts that he would have defeated Hermione. Hermione did not tend to do as well in subjects that were not learned through books or formal training, as broom flying did not come as naturally to her in her first year as it did to Harry, and she showed no affinity for Divination, which she dropped from her third year studies. She was also not good at Wizard's Chess, as it was the only thing at which she ever lost.
Hermione's Patronus is an otter, Rowling's favourite animal. Her wand is made of vine wood and dragon heartstring core; vine is the wood ascribed to Hermione's fictional birth month (September) on the Celtic calendar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://midnightdaydreams.heavenforum.com
Emo Kitty
Royal Council
Royal Council

Character sheet
Name : Luna
About Me::

PostSubject: Re: Hermione Jean Granger   Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:18 pm

She may be a Brain Box, but she is kool.

☾☼☽☾☀☽☾☼☽☾☀☽☾☼☽☾☀☽☾☼☽☾☀☽☾☼☽☾☀☽☾☼☽☾☀☽
Don't worry about the future.
There is someone out there for everyone.
There is a dream that we all long to follw,
so Fame, Here I come.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hermione Jean Granger
Page 1 of 1