MidNight DayDreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For All Lovers Of The Night

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun and please feel free to ask a question!!!
We are going to start voting for who you think should be artist of the month!!! THE FIRST ONE IS HERE!!!
BRITT HAS A NEW ROLE PLAY UP IN THE MATURE SECTION!!! If you are in that group please join. She loves people Forbidden Knowledge
Latest topics
» Before, Me, Next
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Keyboard Smash Game (fun!)
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Shadow Falls Series
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Lenobia's Vow
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Dargon's Oath
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Destined (9th book)
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Awakened (8th book)
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Linda and John Heffer
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Sylvia Redbird
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm by KarenaTheFreak

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Role Player of the month!
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley Questionmark This is going to be the top role player of the month chosen by the members of the site.
Writer of the month
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley Questionmark This is the top Writer of the month. Chosen by the members.
Artist of the month
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley Questionmark This is the top artists of the month. Chosen by the members.
Statistics
We have 55 registered users
The newest registered user is daejodea

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 276 subjects
Top posters
Baby Girl
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_vote_lcapRonald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_voting_barRonald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_vote_rcap 
KarenaTheFreak
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_vote_lcapRonald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_voting_barRonald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_vote_rcap 
Kix
Angelicwolfchild
Soupkan.Kid
Shanchii
Emo Kitty
Nami
Vitani <3's Stark
katwin
ADMINS AND MODS!!!!
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm by Baby Girl
Of course we all know i am the Admin, but i want you to also know who are the mods (aka Empress' Council)

Rosaline is a mod as well as a site artist she is in charge of varyious parts in the site.

we are in need of more …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 13
Rank System
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm by Baby Girl
So right now this is what i have as the rank system for the site. just on amount of posts. If you have an ideas please let me know in here. ((of if its in the wrong order))

Empress

Empress' Council

Serf 0

Peasant 25

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 30
How To........
Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm by Baby Girl
Okay, so i have noticed not a lot of people know how to make the pictures for their avatar and signatures...

AVATARS: you can either pick what the site has to offer OR you can upload on from your computer... what is best …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baby Girl
Empress
Baby Girl

Character sheet
Name : Dani
About Me::

Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley Empty
PostSubject: Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley   Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:59 am

Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley is a fictional character in the Harry Potter book series written by J. K. Rowling. He is one of the central characters in the books. His first appearance was in the first book of the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (1997) as the best friend of the protagonist Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. He is a member of the Weasley family, a pure blood family, who reside in "The Burrow" outside Ottery St. Catchpole. Along with Harry and Hermione, he is a member of the Gryffindor house. Ron is present in most of the action throughout the series due to his friendship with Harry.

According to J. K. Rowling, Ron was among the characters she created "the very first day". Ron is inspired in Rowling's best friend Sean Harris (to whom Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is dedicated), but she has clearly stated that she "never set out to describe Sean in Ron, but Ron has a Sean-ish turn of phrase." Like Harris is to Rowling, Ron is "always there" when Harry needs him. The character of Ron fits many of the stereotypes expected of the sidekick; he is often used as comic relief, is loyal to the hero, and lacks much of the talent Harry possesses, at least in terms of magical power. Unlike some sidekicks, he is not cowardly, demonstrating bravery several times, such as playing 'real wizard's chess' in the first book, and entering into the Forbidden Forest with Harry during the second book despite his arachnophobia.

Some of Ron's qualities serve as foils to Harry. While Harry is an orphan with more gold than he needs, Ron comes from a large and loving but poor family; many of his possessions are hand-me-downs. Harry is famous but would prefer to avoid the spotlight; Ron, in comparison, is often perceived as a mere lackey and sometimes becomes jealous of the recognition Harry receives. Finally, Ron is the most mediocre of his siblings, being (as of the first book) neither an excellent Quidditch player, a noteworthy student, nor the daughter his mother always wanted. All these factors have combined to cause Ron serious insecurities; this inferiority complex, and his need to prove himself a notable person in his own right, is the main thrust of his character growth.

Rowling first introduces Ron with his family in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Harry is lost at King's Cross railway station and the Weasleys guide him through the barrier of Platform 9¾ into the wizarding world. Ron and Harry share a compartment on the Hogwarts Express, and they begin their friendship: Ron fascinated with the famous Harry, and Harry fascinated with the ordinary wizard Ron. It is here that they both meet Hermione Granger as well, whom they initially dislike but who later becomes their close friend after they save each other during a dangerous encounter with a mountain troll. Ron and Harry share the same classes throughout the series, and generally have similar academic successes and disappointments. Ron plays a vital part in the quest to save the Philosopher's Stone. His strategy at Wizard's Chess allows Hermione and Harry to proceed safely through a dangerous life-size, animated chess game. During the game, Ron allows his piece to be sacrificed and is subsequently knocked unconscious. At the Leaving Feast, the last dinner of the school year, Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts' Headmaster, awards Ron fifty House points to Gryffindor for "the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years." These last-minute points help support Gryffindor's win of the House Cup.

Nineteen years after Voldemort's downfall, Ron is married to Hermione and they have two children - Rose, whom they are sending off to her first year at Hogwarts, and a younger son named Hugo. Ron has also passed a test in Muggle driving, despite Hermione's apparent belief that he could not do so without Confunding the examiner. However, Ron secretly reveals to Harry he actually did Confund the examiner. He and Harry work for the Ministry of Magic as Aurors, and along with Hermione they have helped to revamp the Ministry, and it is far different from the one that existed before. Before becoming an Auror, Ron joined George at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, which became a very lucrative business

Rowling introduces Ron as "tall, thin and gangling, with freckles, big hands and feet, and a long nose." Ron has the trademark red hair of the Weasleys and is indeed one of Harry's tallest schoolmates, even outgrowing some of his older brothers. Rowling states in the novels that Ron has freckles, but Rupert Grint, the actor who plays Ron, has none. Rowling has also stated that Ron has blue eyes.

Rowling in an interview described Ron as very funny but insensitive and immature, "There’s a lot of immaturity about Ron, and that’s where a lot of the humor comes from." Commenting on Ron's character development in the final book, Rowling explained that "Ron is the most immature of the three main characters, but in part seven he grows up. He was never strong footed, people see him mostly as Harry's friend; his mother had actually wanted a girl and in the last book he finally has to acknowledge his weaknesses. But it's exactly that which makes Ron a man."

Ron is given Charlie Weasley's old, chipped wand, which is made out of ash and has a unicorn hair sticking out of the end. He holds the wand together with Spellotape after nearly breaking it in half at the start of Chamber of Secrets, but it malfunctions dreadfully after this, backfiring spells, making strange noises, and emitting objects from the wrong end. Ron's new wand is fourteen inches, willow and unicorn hair. He receives this new wand before the start of his third year at Hogwarts. He has also shown signs of incredible tactical ability, as evidenced by his skill of Wizard's Chess (which is played exactly like normal chess but with living pieces). Ron's talents are rarely shown, but he, like the other DA members, survives a violent encounter with adult Death Eaters in Order of the Phoenix, and it is implied that during the Death Eater assault in Half-Blood Prince he held his own quite well because he was being helped by Felix Felicis, the good luck potion. In Deathly Hallows, Ron loses his original wand, and takes Peter Pettigrew's wand for his own. Following this, Ron begins to demonstrate more aptitude and general knowledge, along with a sudden spurt in maturity after a terrible row with Harry. For a while, he effectively leads the trio in the hunt for the Horcruxes while Harry suffers a major depression.

Rowling has stated that Ron's Patronus Charm takes the form of a Jack Russell terrier, "a really sentimental choice" as Rowling herself owns a Jack Russell.

Ron was born into the Weasley family on 1 March 1980 [9][HBP Ch.18], the sixth of their seven children, and the youngest son. His middle name, Bilius, is the same as that of a deceased uncle. Ron grew up in the family home, The Burrow, near the village of Ottery St Catchpole in Devon. Ron has various siblings; his five older brothers, Bill, Charlie, Percy, twins Fred and George, and a younger sister, Ginny, each with their own distinct personality trait. One recurring factor in Ron's siblings is that they often appear to be more confident, self-assured and, to varying degrees, more outwardly talented than he is.

The Weasley family is one of the few remaining pure-blood wizarding families, though they were considered "blood traitors" for associating with non-pure-bloods. Moreover, they are far from rich, and are looked down upon by snobbish "old families" such as the Malfoys. All of the Weasleys have been sorted into Gryffindor House at Hogwarts. All of the Weasley children, except Bill and Percy who both were Head Boy, are known to have played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team, with Charlie being the captain of the team for at least one of his school years. Charlie, Bill, Percy and Ron were also chosen as the prefect of their House. The Weasleys also all work for the Order of the Phoenix, and all are members except for Ron, Percy, and Ginny, who (as of the end of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) are not known to officially have been inducted into the Order. Arthur is distantly related to Sirius Black and is part of the famed Black family, though he and the rest of his immediate family have been considered "blood traitors" and are disowned. Other distant relatives include Draco Malfoy, Nymphadora Tonks, and Bellatrix Lestrange.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightdaydreams.heavenforum.com

Ronald Bilius "Ron" Weasley
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MidNight DayDreams :: J.K. Rowling :: Harry Potter 1-3 :: Characters-
Jump to: