MidNight DayDreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For All Lovers Of The Night

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun and please feel free to ask a question!!!
We are going to start voting for who you think should be artist of the month!!! THE FIRST ONE IS HERE!!!
BRITT HAS A NEW ROLE PLAY UP IN THE MATURE SECTION!!! If you are in that group please join. She loves people Forbidden Knowledge
Latest topics
» Before, Me, Next
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Keyboard Smash Game (fun!)
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Shadow Falls Series
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Lenobia's Vow
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Dargon's Oath
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Destined (9th book)
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Awakened (8th book)
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Linda and John Heffer
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Sylvia Redbird
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm by KarenaTheFreak

Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Role Player of the month!
The Book Questionmark This is going to be the top role player of the month chosen by the members of the site.
Writer of the month
The Book Questionmark This is the top Writer of the month. Chosen by the members.
Artist of the month
The Book Questionmark This is the top artists of the month. Chosen by the members.
Statistics
We have 55 registered users
The newest registered user is daejodea

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 276 subjects
Top posters
Baby Girl
The Book I_vote_lcapThe Book I_voting_barThe Book I_vote_rcap 
KarenaTheFreak
Kix
Angelicwolfchild
Soupkan.Kid
Shanchii
Emo Kitty
Nami
Vitani <3's Stark
katwin
ADMINS AND MODS!!!!
The Book I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm by Baby Girl
Of course we all know i am the Admin, but i want you to also know who are the mods (aka Empress' Council)

Rosaline is a mod as well as a site artist she is in charge of varyious parts in the site.

we are in need of more …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 13
Rank System
The Book I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm by Baby Girl
So right now this is what i have as the rank system for the site. just on amount of posts. If you have an ideas please let me know in here. ((of if its in the wrong order))

Empress

Empress' Council

Serf 0

Peasant 25

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 30
How To........
The Book I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm by Baby Girl
Okay, so i have noticed not a lot of people know how to make the pictures for their avatar and signatures...

AVATARS: you can either pick what the site has to offer OR you can upload on from your computer... what is best …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

The Book

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baby Girl
Empress
Baby Girl

Character sheet
Name : Dani
About Me::

The Book Empty
PostSubject: The Book   The Book I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 am

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the fifth instalment in the Harry Potter series written by J. K. Rowling. The novel features Harry Potter's struggles through his fifth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, including the surreptitious return of Harry's nemesis Lord Voldemort, O.W.L. exams, and an obstructive Ministry of Magic.

It is the longest book in the series, and was published on 21 June 2003 by Bloomsbury in the United Kingdom, Scholastic in the United States, and Raincoast in Canada. The book has been made into a film, which was released in 2007, and has also been made into several video games by Electronic Arts. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has won several awards, including being named an American Library Association Best Book for Young Adults in 2003.

Throughout the four previous novels in the Harry Potter series, the main character, Harry Potter, has struggled with the difficulties that come with growing up and the added challenge of being a famous wizard. When Harry was a baby, Voldemort, the most powerful evil wizard in living memory, killed Harry's parents but mysteriously vanished after trying to kill Harry. This results in Harry's immediate fame, and his being placed in the care of his muggle, or non-magical, relatives Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon.

Harry enters the wizarding world at the age of 11, enrolling in the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He makes friends with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, and is confronted by Lord Voldemort trying to regain power. After returning to the school after summer break, several attacks on students take place at Hogwarts after the legendary "Chamber of Secrets" is opened. Harry ends the attacks by killing a Basilisk and defeating another attempt by Lord Voldemort to return to full strength. The following year, Harry hears that he has been targeted by escaped murderer Sirius Black. Despite stringent security measures at Hogwarts, Harry is confronted by Black at the end of his third year of schooling and Harry learns that Black was framed and is actually Harry's godfather. Harry's fourth year of school sees him entered in a dangerous magical competition called the Triwizard Tournament. At the conclusion of the Tournament, Harry witnesses the return of Lord Voldemort to full strength.

This novel begins when Harry and his cousin, Dudley, are attacked by dementors. Harry uses magic to fight them off, and must attend a disciplinary hearing for it. It quickly becomes apparent that the hearing is a show trial, and despite the best attempts of the Ministry of Magic, he is cleared of all charges. In response to Voldemort's reappearance, Dumbledore re-activates the Order of the Phoenix, a secret society which works to defeat Voldemort's minions and protect Voldemort's targets, including Harry. Despite Harry's description of Voldemort's recent activities, the Ministry of Magic and many others in the magical world refuse to believe that Voldemort has returned.

In an attempt to enforce its version of school curriculum, the Ministry appoints Dolores Umbridge as the new High Inquisitor of Hogwarts. She transforms the school into a quasi-dictatorial regime and refuses to allow the students to learn ways to defend themselves against dark magic. Harry forms a secret study group and begins to teach his classmates the higher-level skills he has learned. The novel introduces Harry to Luna Lovegood, an airy young witch with a tendency to believe in oddball conspiracy theories. Moreover, it reveals an important prophecy concerning Harry and Voldemort. Harry also discovers that he and Voldemort have a telepathic connection, allowing Harry to view some of Voldemort's actions. In the novel's climax, Harry and his school friends face off against Voldemort's Death Eaters. The timely arrival of members of the Order of the Phoenix saves the children's lives, but Sirius Black, Harry's godfather, is murdered by Bellatrix Lestrange. Many Death Eaters are captured and, most importantly, the return of Voldemort is confirmed within the magical world.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightdaydreams.heavenforum.com

The Book
Page 1 of 1