MidNight DayDreams
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum For All Lovers Of The Night

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the site. Hope you have fun and please feel free to ask a question!!!
We are going to start voting for who you think should be artist of the month!!! THE FIRST ONE IS HERE!!!
BRITT HAS A NEW ROLE PLAY UP IN THE MATURE SECTION!!! If you are in that group please join. She loves people Forbidden Knowledge
Latest topics
» Before, Me, Next
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:28 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Keyboard Smash Game (fun!)
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:27 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Shadow Falls Series
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Lenobia's Vow
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:21 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Dargon's Oath
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Destined (9th book)
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:18 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Awakened (8th book)
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:17 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Linda and John Heffer
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:15 pm by KarenaTheFreak

» Sylvia Redbird
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:14 pm by KarenaTheFreak

Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Role Player of the month!
About the Movie Questionmark This is going to be the top role player of the month chosen by the members of the site.
Writer of the month
About the Movie Questionmark This is the top Writer of the month. Chosen by the members.
Artist of the month
About the Movie Questionmark This is the top artists of the month. Chosen by the members.
Statistics
We have 55 registered users
The newest registered user is daejodea

Our users have posted a total of 1766 messages in 276 subjects
Top posters
Baby Girl
About the Movie I_vote_lcapAbout the Movie I_voting_barAbout the Movie I_vote_rcap 
KarenaTheFreak
About the Movie I_vote_lcapAbout the Movie I_voting_barAbout the Movie I_vote_rcap 
Kix
Angelicwolfchild
Soupkan.Kid
Shanchii
Emo Kitty
Nami
Vitani <3's Stark
katwin
ADMINS AND MODS!!!!
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:59 pm by Baby Girl
Of course we all know i am the Admin, but i want you to also know who are the mods (aka Empress' Council)

Rosaline is a mod as well as a site artist she is in charge of varyious parts in the site.

we are in need of more …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 13
Rank System
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm by Baby Girl
So right now this is what i have as the rank system for the site. just on amount of posts. If you have an ideas please let me know in here. ((of if its in the wrong order))

Empress

Empress' Council

Serf 0

Peasant 25

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 30
How To........
About the Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 pm by Baby Girl
Okay, so i have noticed not a lot of people know how to make the pictures for their avatar and signatures...

AVATARS: you can either pick what the site has to offer OR you can upload on from your computer... what is best …

[ Full reading ]
Comments: 1
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

About the Movie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Baby Girl
Empress
Baby Girl

Character sheet
Name : Dani
About Me::

About the Movie Empty
PostSubject: About the Movie   About the Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:56 pm

In a Victorian era town, the Everglots, a family of recently bankrupt aristocrats, reluctantly agree to marry off their daughter Victoria to the timid Victor Van Dort, son of nouveaux riches fishmongers. Despite their initial uneasiness about the situation, having never before met, Victor and Victoria hit it off immediately. Unfortunately, after his clumsiness ruins their wedding rehearsal (accidentally lighting Victoria's mother's dress on fire), Victor is banished until he can learn to recite his wedding vows properly. Victor wanders deep into the forest while practicing, eventually performing a flawless mock recital. In doing so, he places his bride's wedding ring on a tree root resembling a human hand. However, it turns out it really is a hand, which comes to life and grabs Victor by the arm. Shortly after, Emily, the "Corpse Bride," a beautiful undead girl in a moldy bridal gown, emerges from the ground and declares Victor her husband.
Emily takes Victor to the Land of the Dead, where Victor learns how she was jilted, murdered and robbed while trying to elope with a mysterious stranger, and has been waiting for her true love to return ever since. Dearly wishing to return to Victoria, his own true love, Victor first attempts to flee, then tricks Emily into returning him to the Land of the Living under the pretense of introducing her to his still-living parents. Just as Victor reunites with Victoria and confesses his feelings for her, Emily discovers them and spirits Victor away back to the Land of the Dead. Feeling betrayed, Emily gets into an argument with Victor, climaxing with Victor telling her that their marriage was a mistake and he would never marry a girl like her. Heartbroken, Emily leaves thinking Victor only loves Victoria for being alive while she herself is not.
Victoria tries to convince her family of the danger Victor is potentially in, but her claims of the existence of a "Corpse Bride" fall on deaf ears. Instead, her parents arrange her to be married to Lord Barkis Bittern, a presumably wealthy drifter who arrived earlier during the wedding rehearsal. Victoria attempts to object to the union, but is overruled by her parents, who tell her without her marriage to Barkis, they will be forced into the streets. Unbeknownst to the others, however, Barkis intends to kill Victoria and make off with the fortune he believes she still has.
Feeling guilty for his earlier deception, Victor apologizes to Emily, and her love for him is renewed through a piano duet. Suddenly, the coachman of Victor's parents dies and arrives in the Land of the Dead. He informs Victor of Victoria's engagement to Barkis; Victor is shocked and heartbroken at the news. Emily, meanwhile, learns that her marriage to Victor is not official, as the wedding vows bind them only until death do them part, and she is already dead. To make the union valid, she and Victor must return to the Land of the Living to re-recite their vows, during which Victor must kill himself by drinking poisoned wine. Victor, believing that Victoria has moved on with her life without him, agrees to carry out the ceremony, and invites all of the dead to attend.
After Victoria and Barkis' wedding, the town erupts in panic as the dead arrive, but their fear is replaced with joy when the living residents recognize their loved ones among the dead. In the midst of the chaos, Barkis is shocked to discover that Victoria's parents are penniless. During the ceremony at the church, Emily spots the heartbroken Victoria hiding in the crowd and realizes that Victor's death will cheat her out of a happy life just like she was cheated out of hers. She calls off the ceremony before Victor drinks the poison and reunites him with Victoria. Barkis then crashes the party to reclaim Victoria, with Emily recognizing him as the man who jilted, murdered and robbed her years ago. Victor engages Barkis in a sword fight to keep him from taking Victoria (though Barkis is the only one with a sword—Victor is armed with a toasting fork). Before Barkis can land a killing strike on the beaten Victor, Emily steps in front of him and takes the blow instead, remaining unharmed due to already being dead. Emily lividly orders him to leave, but before he does, Barkis mockingly toasts Emily for never finding true love and drinks the wine intended for Victor. However, he does not realize it is poisoned until it's too late and dies within seconds. The outraged dead proceed to force him back to the underworld, intent on punishing him for his crimes. Content that Victor can now live happily with Victoria and having closure with her murder, Emily finds herself at peace and ascends to the heavens in the form of hundreds of butterflies into the moon as Victor and Victoria watch on.
Back to top Go down
http://midnightdaydreams.heavenforum.com
Emo Kitty
Royal Council
Royal Council
Emo Kitty

Character sheet
Name : Luna
About Me::

About the Movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: About the Movie   About the Movie I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:53 pm

I keep wanting to get the movie, but I keep forgetting. My friend says its realli good.
Back to top Go down

About the Movie
Page 1 of 1